Thank you very much for selling the boat in such a friendly, yet professional manner. It is difficult to say how the service could be improved really, everything was done calmly and in a very positive manner, thank you.
Waterside Marine Sales have sold more than 2200 boats since 2005.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of all types of boats.
- Specialists in ex hire fleet cruisers.
- In addition to our own web site we advertise on national sites such as 'Boats and Outboards'.
- All boats on our web site are on site for viewing.
- Window display and sales sheet for boats 'For Sale'.
- A very high footfall on our sales site at Potter Heigham.
For more information regarding our brokerage service, or to arrange to view a boat, please ring John or Lynne on 01692670961
Whatever your enquiry, we will be pleased to help.
Your privacy is very important to us and this Privacy Notice will advise you on how we collect, use, process and store the personal information we collect about you.
In this Notice, the use of “we”, “us” and “our" refers to Waterside Marine Sales LLP; Waterside Marine Sales LLP is the controller of your personal information and is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner's Office. Our registration number is ZA119340.
Please read this notice in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions; these are displayed in our office.
- Collection and Use of Information
1.1 How we collect information
We collect information about you via a number of different methods, including:
- When you enquire about a boat or a mooring
- When you rent a mooring space from us
- When you buy a boat from us
- When you complete a form on our website or send us an email
- When you sell a boat with us
1.2. Mooring with us
When you berth your boat directly with us, we collect the following personal information to enable us to administer the marina:
- Your name, address, telephone number, email address
- We will also record your consent for receiving marketing information
1.3 Phone calls
We may record telephone calls for security, training and quality purposes.
- How do we use your Personal Information
The information that you provide to us will be used:
- To process your boat sale and to provide you with information about the sale.
- To identify your eligibility for, and to provide you with any offers or discounts, based upon your previous buying or selling history
- At your request, to provide you with brochures and other marketing materials.
- For statistical purposes when we evaluate our services
- To manage customer service requests
- To provide any other information that you may have requested
We will not send you any marketing information unless you explicitly opt into receiving this information.
You can opt-out of receiving marketing information by contacting us, or by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email that you receive.
3.How do we store your information
Your personal information is also stored by us in paper form and electronically on our internal computers and servers.
All telephone call recordings are handled by our phone system which is provided by Gamma Networks. Telephone recordings are stored within UK based data centres and a copy of call recordings may be stored on our internal servers.
We do not store any payment card information. Payments made via telephone are entered directly into our payment system for immediate approval.
- How do we protect your information
We take reasonable steps to protect and secure the personal information that we hold.
All staff members who handle personal information are required to undertake Data Protection and Information Security awareness training during their induction and then at yearly intervals.
- Who we share your personal information with
We may share your information if we are required by law or to help provide our services to you. This may include sharing certain information with:
- Our group of companies
- Other third parties where you have given your consent to the disclosure
- Our insurance companies in cases of accident, injury or other claims.
- The emergency services and the Broads Authority
- Other law enforcement and Government agencies
5.1 Third Party Service Providers
We use a number of third party service providers which enable us to offer our services to you.
These providers will maintain their own connection logs, which will include the IP address of the connecting device, along with the date and time. The third party services may also process and store personal information on their servers.
These third party services providers may store and process information in countries outside of the European Economic Area.
- Cookies and tracking
Cookies are text files placed onto your computer that are used to collect and retain information about how you interact with our websites, communications and services.
- Tracking visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website
- To show relevant ads to you when you have visited our website
We also use ‘web beacons’ (also known as tracking pixels) and code snippets to track user interaction with our website. We would use these in cases where a user has clicked on an advert and we wanted to track whether that ‘click’ converted into a potential lead.
The Information Commissioner’s Office provides further information about cookies, including advice on how to block cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies
7.How long we keep your information
We will not keep your personal information for longer than necessary for our business purposes.
For accounting reasons, your history will be held in paper form for a period of 6 years from the end of the financial year following the date that your transaction with us commenced. After this period the information will be securely destroyed by an accredited shredding provider before being recycled.
Our financial year runs from the 1st April until 31st March.
- Access to your Personal Information
You have a right to request access to any personal information that we hold about you. This type of request is known as a 'Subject Access Request'. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information that we hold about you, please email or write to us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Notice. Unless the request is unfounded and excessive, there will be no charge for this service and we will respond to your request within 30 days.
We want to ensure that your personal information is up to date. If you feel that any of the personal information that we hold about you may be incorrect or inaccurate, please contact us to allow us to rectify this issue.
- Links to third party websites
This Privacy Notice does not apply to any third party websites that this website links to. You are advised to read any privacy policies that may be applicable to third party websites.
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this page. We will endeavour to make any changes or additions clearly distinguishable, along with showing the date that any changes come into force.
This Privacy Notice was last updated: 27th June 2017.
- How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about our Privacy Notice or the information that we hold about you:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Write to us at: Michael Whitaker, Data Protection Officer, Herbert Woods LLP, Bridge Road, Potter Heigham, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR29 5JF.
If you wish to register a complaint about how we handle your Personal Information, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office who are the Supervisory Authority for Data Protection in the United Kingdom.
Contact details for the Information Commissioners Office are located on their website: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/